The Carpenters’ Bill of Rights and Responsibilities is simple, direct and fair.
Our Bill of Rights says: Here’s what we believe. Here’s what we stand for. Here are the basic rights of every working carpenter – union and non-union.
But with rights come responsibilities – and no one knows that better than we do. We know that it is the responsibility of every carpenter to provide a good day’s work and to produce a craftsman’s product in return.
All working people have a right to:
- A good job with benefits
- A living wage that can support a family
- Security and dignity in work and retirement
- A safe and secure workplace
- Education and training to reach our full potential
With rights come responsibilities:
- Being productive, efficient workers
- Producing work of the highest quality – work that we stand behind
- Improving our communities
- Helping fellow workers achieve safety & security in the workplace
- Being active citizens and informed voters