Our mission is UNION STRONG!
Please review and familiarize yourself with all the options available here and on the other pages available on this site. Look into our RESOURCES page to see what is and will be available to you as members of Carpenters Local 1889.
- Wages: Our members enjoy the wages, working conditions and benefits that allow them to provide a decent living for themselves and their families.
- Health Benefits: The Fund provides family coverage to all members who meet the requirements under the collective bargaining agreements, employers are required to contribute to the Health Fund on behalf of Carpenters that they employ. Click the Mid America Link on the left for addtional information.
- Annuity: The Annuity Plan is an individual account plan to which employers make contributions for each hour that a member works in covered employment.
- Pension: The Carpenters Pension Fund entitles our members to earn a monthly income payable at retirement.
- Skilled Advancement Training: We provide career advancement through specialized courses taught by qualified instructors at no cost to the members.
- Apprentice Training Program: Our commitment to training builds the skilled, productive workforce that is in demand today and the future needs of tomorrow